"Happy teachers make..."

I was reading Psalm 119:71, 75 from the always-perfect Streams in the Desert... The gist was "I'm glad I was afflicted, because the Lord was able to show me His faithfulness." God is so good to remind me of how badly I need Him, in my classroom, in my home, in my grad classes, every hour.

Every hour in my classroom, my students get rowdy. It is during those times I remind them of how I've trained them to say two things. Whenever they get loud, I give them my quiet signal, wait for them to settle down and ask,  "What is the only thing I should be hearing right now?" To which they respond in unison: "The scribbling of our pencils!" The sounds of scribbling commence for about 3 minutes, then, as the hum of their voices continues, I again give them the quiet signal and wait for them to quiet down. I then say to them, "Students, I am not happy, and we all know that a happy teacher makes..." and they all say, "HAPPY STUDENTS!" Then I remind them that in order to make me happy they have to be quiet and do their work, or else some of them will be staying in for recess.

They are not the reason for the good timing of the opening Psalm. No, my students are not my affliction. But afflictions are sometimes better not broadcast to the "Dear Void." However, I still need prayers! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Before the Devil Knows You're Fed

"The Natural Outgrowth of Memorizing Ephesians 4 at a Young Age"

In two days...